Château de Montvillargenne, Chantilly, France
Château de Montvillargenne, surrounded by the Chantilly Forest, north of Paris was built in the Norman style by Jeanne de Rothschild (1874-1929), and her husband Baron Abram Leonino (1867-1911), an Italian banker.
The Château was abandoned for ten years on the death of Jeanne. It was occupied by the Germans during the Second World War. After the war, a novitiate run by the Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus moved into the building. This was replaced by a vocational school of arts in 1969.
In 1985, the Château de Montvillargenne was converted into a luxury hotel.Return to Estates listing